Do you want more points & a chance to win additional prizes?
The EAC's weekly (optional) design & research challenges give you an extra opportunity to hone your skills and earn additional prizes while harnessing Knovel & Engineering Village to probe the depths of engineering knowledge. Send us your solution to the challenge below before Sunday October 22, 2017. Good luck!
Research Challenge week 5: Knovel Quest - Complete all 3 Rounds to Unlock a Prize
We have a new look! We just launched a brand new Knovel user interface with enhanced search, personalization, and data analytics capabilities, in the cloud. This week, embark on a Knovel scavenger hunt to answer the engineering trivia below.
- Create a MyKnovel account
- Save the resources where you find the answers in a MyKnovel folder*
- Create Folders for each round (e.g. Knovel Quest Round 1, Knovel Quest Round 2) & share them with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the message, add your name, university affiliation, and any social media handles
- Upon completing this Knovel quest, you will have built a personal library of engineering resources that you can access through your MyKnovel account – from anywhere, even after graduating from engineering school.
- We'll draw 3 lucky winners from this week's challenge.
- The tensile strength of oil-tempered steel 4340 at 315 oC is _____________.
- The ultimate tensile strength (UTS) & maximum service temperature of vulcanized rubber
- The melting point of cyclohexane (save the table where you find this)
- Methyl ethyl ketone peroxide is used as a __________________. It has caused many industrial accidents because ______________.
(save the resource where you find this information)
- A book by a relatively famous British materials scientist, who has a type of plot named after him.
- A foundational textbook “Exploring Engineering”
- The handbook by a major professional society on fatigue & fracture
- The tensile strength of arc welded 4335V low-alloy steel joints (ksi)
- The most recent ASHRAE Handbook for HVAC systems
- A freebie – save any book you like J.
- Equation for heat transfer & mixing in baffled and unbaffled impellers
- A book chapter on corrosion resistance of duplex stainless steels
- Yaws Critical Property Handbook